Data centre services
Are you still thinking about local #Data centres or are you more interested in #Cloud services? If you are thinking about #Telecommunications, you will also find that topic covered here. Scroll down to find out more about the variety of services we offer.
Data centre services
We operate across the Nordic countries while we’re also a local operator, always close to our customers. The map below shows the locations of our data centres. For security reasons we cannot give you the precise locations but the map gives you an idea of where they are.
We often call our data centre services ‘Cross-network services’. These services are divided into two different options: “Hosting” and “Capacity service”.
Hosting refers to the location of the customer’s own IT equipment. The unit of measurement in the Hosting service is the familiar, standardised Unit (EIA 310-D, IEC 60297 and DIN 41494 SC48D). The height of one rack unit is 44.45 mm (1.75 inches). The charging criterion for the service is one Unit. The criterion is fulfilled if the space is filled depth-wise at any point.
The equipment used in the #capacity service is the supplier’s property, while the customer has access to the specified capacity and services. The undisputed advantage of the capacity service is that the customer has flexible access to a monthly capacity that suits their needs. The capacity is reserved for the customer, and unlike, for example, the services provided by Microsoft, the calculation time or the amount of data is not measured.
Both products include the following optional products as integral parts:
- Connection to a public network (internet) for customers and interests groups, and as the technical access service related to data centre services.
- Power and secure power supply.
- Maintenance of the environment such as the facilities, security, cooling and access control
Capacity service refers to a shared, virtualised environment, where the customer environments are separated into different network segments, and the server-side programmes are dedicated to customers on the operating system level. The supplier is responsible for adequate server capacity, platform updates and any technical components necessary for the provision of the service. The capacity services include a wide range of additional services, including different levels of storage (tier 1, tier 2 and database use). There are several technical levels, which are usually measured by IOs, but we help our customers to choose the right storage space if required. For those interested in the technical details, we use SAN, iSCSI and UNC protocols.
Examples of the products available for the capacity service:
- Main storage: 2, 4, 16
- Processor cores: 1-2
- Disc capacity: 100M, 200M, 500M, 1T
- Firewall service: WatchGuard
- Fault resiliency: HA (High Availability) either active or passive
- Data backup: PGCentral BackUp Manager
- Level of service: SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Monitoring and management: PGCentral Alert
We offer our customers a variety of rental licenses through the Microsoft SPLA licensing model, or the customer can also use their own licenses if they so wish.
The provider’s telecommunications products are so-called virtual operator products and focus solely on fixed telecommunications connections and not on products such as voice products. The connections are produced using many different methods. The provider is typically a local owner of the connections. We are also actively looking for new operating models, and we are ready to negotiate a new solution with the previous service provider where necessary.
The most commonly used connection products are listed below.
- Data centre connections
- Connections between offices
- Primary internet connections
We also offer the following value-added services:
- Remote access products
- Backup connection products
- Terminal and lease device services
- Address books and their management (for more information, please see prog-it.se/DNS/)
- If you would like more information about our telecommunication products, we would be happy to tell you more about the solutions we offer. We also support IPv6 addresses and are a member of Ripe.#Cloud servicesAre you thinking of moving the emails to the cloud, Microsoft O365 or Azure or are you comparing Google with a third party (e.g. Yandex)? If you are interested in cloud services but do not know where to start, please contact us for more information. Our consulting service team will help you find the best solution for you.We do not intend to go through the solutions offered by various providers on this page. If you would like to read what our specialist thinks about the topic, please see the following article on our Smart Job blog: https://www.progit-transport.com/smartjob/
The table below contains a comparison of different products.